5 Ways To Win Customer Service Awards
By Donna O’Toole
Stand Out From The Competition
Winning customer service awards is one of the most credible ways of making your business stand out from the competition; encouraging customer loyalty, and creating new business growth.
Top Tip: If you are proud of the achievements you have made in creating an excellent customer experience you could be in line to win an award — but only if you pick the right competitions and then take the time to enter!
There are a wide range of awards programmes to choose from that will recognise your customer service initiatives. So how do you know where to start, when you have a realistic chance of winning, and which awards will bring you the best benefits and help you achieve your wider business goals?
When it comes to selecting awards to enter there are five possible approaches you could take:
1. Industry Specific Awards: Enter customer-focused categories within specific industry awards. This will allow you to stand out from competitors within your industry — for example: Retail Week Customer Experience Awards, UK Financial Services Experience Awards.
2. Discipline Specific Awards: Enter a discipline-specific category within a customer service award. This will give you the ultimate recognition for your customer initiatives — for example: The Institute of Customer Services Customer Satisfaction Awards, The UK Customer Experience Awards.
3. General Business Awards: Enter customer-focused categories within general business awards. In these awards you will compete against businesses from all other industry sectors giving you a wider audience for your success — for example: The National Business Awards, The European Business Awards, The International Business Awards.
4. Local/Regional Awards: Enter customer-centric categories within local and regional awards. This will demonstrate that you are a great business in your area and help you attract local customers — for example: The Sussex Business Awards, The Gatwick Diamond Awards, The Midlands Business Awards
5. All Awards: Make your message even more powerful by combining all of the strategic approaches above into an awards strategy tailored to your strengths. This approach is the most effective all round, allowing you to stand out from your peers and your competitors, appealing to industry leaders and investors, and ultimately attracting even more customers.
Once you have chosen which awards to enter, make sure you have everything ready to help you stand out to the judges. You could be asked a multitude of questions like these:
- How do you measure the success of your customer service processes?
- How do you align your customer service initiatives to your wider commercial strategy?
- How do you apply innovation to your customer experiences?
- How have you utilised technology to improve your customer experience?
- How do you ensure employee engagement with your customer service initiatives?
Awards for the best customer service are one of the most popular categories to enter and there are quite literally thousands out there to choose from, no matter how big or small your company. But the entry requirements and criteria are different for every award so one size will not fit all when it comes to writing your entry, compiling evidence, and impressing the judges.
Before you launch yourself out into the sea of customer service awards without a clear view of the horizon, talk to an expert. I will maximise your chances of winning and give your entry everything it needs to get you to the top. .
The better aligned your awards strategy is with your wider goals, the more benefits there will be for your business in the long run.
Donna O’Toole is an experienced awards expert who has helped businesses large and small win awards by creating their awards strategies, directing and writing winning award entries. Contact Donna today for a FREE awards consultation.
Sign up for our newsletter
You might also like
Do you want to learn how to write like an awards professional and improve your chances of WINNING the awards you enter?read more
We are hugely grateful to Donna’s partnership with our business and direct impact of super-charging team morale, retailer awareness of our business and bottom-line growth”read more