Awards for UK Entrepreneurs
By Donna O’Toole
Have you built a business that is driving great results?
Is yours a story about pioneering new ideas that are driving positive change?
Did you know that personal recognition can raise your profile, make you an industry leader, and help you build your business?
It’s a great time to reap the benefits of your hard work by putting your unique story forward into one of the great awards for UK entrepreneurs including the National Business Awards and the UK Business Awards, which both have categories for entrepreneurs and the best UK businesses.
Both Natwest and Barclays run business accelerators. Entrepreneurial Spark (Espark) created by Natwest and Eagle Labs created by Barclays. Each of them support, provide guidance, and nurture start-up businesses and entrepreneurs.
Both banks have also created their own award programmes The Great British Entrepreneur Awards and Barclays Entrepreneur Awards, which have fantastic opportunities for rising and established entrepreneurs to get recognition for their dedication.
The Great British Entrepreneur Awards
The awards open in March and are held in five different regions. Winners of each region then go on to compete nationally. With 14 categories to choose take a look at which category you could be entering:
- Creative Industries Entrepreneur of the Year
- Entrepreneur for Good Award
- Entrepreneurial Spirit Award
- Family Business Entrepreneur of the Year
- Food & Drink Entrepreneur of the Year
- Health & Beauty Entrepreneur of the Year
- Innovation Entrepreneur of the Year
- Scale-Up Entrepreneur of the Year
- Service Industries Entrepreneur of the Year
- Small Business Entrepreneur of the Year
- Start-Up Entrepreneur of the Year
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- Great British Entrepreneur of the Year
Barclays Entrepreneur Awards
The awards run from April to October and are held in seven different regions. Winners are then invited to the National finals to compete. Here are the five categories open to everyone;
- Start-up Entrepreneur of the Year – for new businesses challenging the status quo
- Scale-up Entrepreneur of the Year – for established entrepreneurs who’ve experienced rapid growth
- Social Entrepreneur of the Year – for entrepreneurs delivering transformative, social or environmental change
- Icon of the Year – for prominent entrepreneurs leading the way for existing and future entrepreneurs
- International Expansion of the Year – for high-growth businesses growing beyond the UK at pace
- Eagle Labs Innovation Award – for lab residents making an impact through digital innovation
- Rise FinTech Award – for businesses building the future of financial services
So what are you waiting for?
These are two fantastic awards for you to be entering that can provide you with fantastic opportunities and boost your profile.
You can also take a look at our top awards for entrepreneurs and business leaders here or our top awards for SMEs and Start-ups.
Contact us now to find out which awards you could be winning.
Sign up for our newsletter
You might also like
Winning Awards Podcast featuring Neil Skehel, CEO of Awards International & Founder of UK Customer Experience Awards, Employee Experience Awards & more!read more
Enter and win business awards to raise your profile and boost your business. Here are some awards to enter in September 2020. Get in touch if you want to win.read more
Who wins when you win? Find out how we’re supporting our clients to win AND working towards the UNs Sustainable Development Goals.read more
Enter and win business awards to raise your profile and boost your business. Here are some awards open in August 2020. Get in touch if you want to win.read more